1. Roman Holidays (US - 1953), by William Wyller. This movie is very popular. The Vespa makes the poster but in the movie you only see it closely for some minutes.
2. Quadrophenia (1979 - UK), by Franc Roddam. Plenty of Vespas and Lambrettas, full of accessories and chrome!
3. Voyage à Rome (1992 - France) (nothing to do with Roman Holidays), by Michel Lengliney, with Gérard Jugnot. This film take place in Roma, but we can only see one Vespa, a blue PX.
4. Journal In time (1994 - Italy), by Nanni Moretti, one of the three parts is about a circuit in Roma on a blue GTR !
5. Family Life (1971 - UK), by Ken Loach, one of the actor rides a black & white Lambretta 125.
6. Il Postino (1995 - Franco-Italian), by Michael Radford. At night, there an old Vespa, Italian model, from the 50's. Note film takes place in 1953.
7. Roseanna's grave (1997 - USA),by Paul Weiland. During the film, Jean Reno is riding a light blue PX with a flyscreen.
8. Octopussy (1983 - UK), by John Glen. Many Vespa and Vespa car aka "tuk-tuk", a race between 2 Vespa cars in which James Bond is sitting.
9. Ronde de Nuit (1983 - France), by Jean-Claude Missiaen. In a block of flats' yard, there's an old grey Vespa parked. And at the end, you can see two people riding a white Vespa in the background.
10. Entre Ciel et Terre (1994 - US), by Oliver Stone. In the streets of Vietnam, you can see many Vespa, a yellow GT (trapezoidal headlight) and many more.
11. Empire Records" (1995 - USA), by Allan Moyle. The character Debra (Robin Tunney) is on a Vespa briefly, early in the film.
12. Vanille Fraise (1989 - France), by Gérard Oury. At the end, you can see a white Vespa 50. Maybe there's more, because it takes place in Italy.
13. Les deux papas et la maman (1996 - France), by Smaïn et J-M Longval. An actress is riding a white Vespa 50 Automatica.
14. Priez pour nous (1994 - France), by Jean-Pierre Vergne. It takes place in the 60's. Last 45 minutes, you see a grey Vespa sitting next to a wall.
15. La Belle Américaine (1961 - France), by Robert Dhéry. In the first 30 minutes, you can see a Vespa ACMA (Vespa's French license) parked next to a bus-stop, near a factory.
16. L.627 (1992 - France), by Bertrand tavernier. A black PX with rear rack and a top case is riding in the "commissariat" (25 min. of the beginning).
17. La Haine (1995 - France), by Mathieu Kassovitz. You can see a blue PX with a flyscreen, and a 50 special.
18. Coup de Jeune (1992 - France), by Xavier Gélin. I'm not sure there's Vespa but they thanks "Vespa Diffusion" at the end of the film !
19. Night on Earth (1991 - USA), by Jim Jarmusch, one of the movie's parts takes place in Roma with Roberto Benigni sitting in a taxi, at this moment, a couple makes love on a Vespa.
20. Romper Stomper (1992 - Australia), by Geoffrey Wright. Some Koreans are trying to escape Skinheads (Boneheads) on a Vespa (PX?).
21. American Graffiti (1973 - USA), by George Lucas. One of the actor arrive on a Vespa.
22. Absolute Beginners (1986 - UK), by Julien Temple with Lambrettas series II, a Vespa GS, and a golden Vespa.
23. Les Tricheurs (1958 - France), by Marcel Carné, Jacques Charrier takes Pascale Petit away on a bicolor Vespa 125.
24. Le Pion (1978 - France), by Christian Gion. In front of a school, in the background, you can see the back of a Vespa, but keep your eyes open.
25. Chacal (1973 - Franco-English), by Fred Zinnemann. We can see a Vespa passing in a street.
26. La Première fois (1976 - France) by Claude Berri. The film takes place in 1952, but there's a 60's Vespa (a French model "type N”).
27. Austin Powers (1997 - USA), a Vespa can be seen at the beginning.
28. J'ai horreur de l'amour (1998 - France), by Laurence Ferreira Barbosa. A woman doctor use her Vespa PX in Paris to take care of her clients.
29. American Pie (1999 - USA) by Paul Weitz. Almost forgot the quirky American comedy where the character "Finch" rides a army green colored Vespa, looks to be about a 60's 125cc.
30. Fripouillard et Compagnie (France), with Louis de Funès.
31. En Cas de Malheur (1958 - France), by Claude Autant-Lara, with Jean Gabin and Brigitte Bardot.
32. Les 400 Coups (1958 - France), by François Truffaut. We can two times a french Lambretta LD with a flyscreen.
33. La Dolce Vita (1960 - Italy), by Federico Fellini, with Marcello Mastroianni.
34. Lizzie McGuire, The Movie (2003 – USA), by Jim Fall. Lizzie McGuire (Hilary Duff) has graduated from middle school and takes a trip to Rome.
35. An American in Paris (1951 - USA). The Gene Kelly classic. Directed by Vincente Minnelli.
36. The World of Suzie Wong (1960 - USA), starring William Holden and Nancy Kwan.
37. L'Avventura (1960 - Italy), Michelangelo Antonioni's moody art house film.
38. The Conversation (1974 - USA) Francis Ford Coppola's paranoid thriller.
39. Bounce (2000 - USA), Love and a preposterous tale starring Gwyneth Paltrow and Ben Affleck.
40. The Wedding Planner (2001 - USA), in which true love conquers all in the quintessential American Vespa city, San Francisco.
41. Respiro (2003 – Italy) by Emanuele Crialese. Italian actress Valeria Golino.
42. Under The Tuscan Sun (2003 - USA), Academy Award nominee DIANE LANE stars as Frances Mayes, has just taken an unexpected detour...on a Vespa perhaps!
43. Chasing Liberty (2004 – USA) by Andy Cadiff. The President's daughter (Mandy Moore) escapes from her entourage of Secret Service agents on a Vespa Grand Tourismo while traveling in Europe.
44. Rebel Without a Cause (1955 - USA) by Nicolas Ray. Sal Mineo drove a light green Salsbury in “Rebel Without a Cause.”
45. The Day After Tomorrow (2004 - USA) by Roland Emmerich. In the movie trailer, a red Vespa PX200 goes out of control and into a store front.
46. The Terminator (1984 - USA) by James Cameron. Sarah Conners rides a Honda scooter in the early minutes of the movie.
47. Runaway Jury (2003 - USA) by Gary Fleder. John Grisham novel come to life with John Cusack and Rachel Weisz. Rachel rides an ET back to her New Orleans flat where she has the fight of her life.
48. Along Came Polly (2004 - USA) by John Hamburg. A jilted Reuben (Ben stiller) gets a ride from Claude on a Vespa.
49. Alfie (2004 - USA) by Charles Shyer. A remake of the 1966 Alfie. Jude Law (Alfie) gets around NY on a Vespa scooter.
50. Run Lola Run (1998 - Germany) by Tom Tykwer. Lola's scooter gets stolen and a whole series of events ensue.
51. The Simpsons (2001 - USA) Homer becomes a professional boxer. Moe trains Homer by riding a scooter next to him. Does this even qualify?
52. Hair High (USA – 2004), by Bill Plympton. Main Character drives an old allstate, even if it is animated.
53. Bride and Predjudice (UK – 2004), by Gurinder Chadha. Filled with Bajajs and LMLs.
54. Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story (USA - 2004), by Rawson Marshall Thurber. At the end of one scene Ben Stiller's assistant comes riding up on an ET2, and they ride away.
55. Hitch (USA – 2005), by Andy Tennant. There's a Vespa GT200 out in front of an Asian restaurant where Eva Mendez and her friend are eating bowls of rice.
56. Saved! (USA – 2004), by Brian Dannelly. After asking a girl to ride on it with him, she makes fun of his scooter, to which he replys "it's not a scooter, it's a vespa"
57. I Spy (USA – 2002), by Betty Thomas. Eddie Murphy says at one point "I aint gonna ride on the back of no scooter like a bitch"
58. Repo Man (USA – 1984), by Alex Cox.
59. Consuming Passions (UK – 1988), by Giles Foster.There's a modded out Vespa parked at the entrance to the chocolate factory, toward the beginning of the movie, when the guy turns up for his first day.
60. Breaking Away (USA – 1979), by Peter Yates. There it was a beautiful vintage Vespa being ridden by his love interest.
61. Saving Silverman (USA – 2001), by Dennis Dugan. Jason Biggs is driving a nice looking Vespa Rally on it
62. The Talented Mr. Ripley (USA – 1999), by Anthony Minghella. Tons of vintage scooters in it.
63. About a Boy (UK – 2002), by Chris and Paul Weitz. A white PX 200 I believe. It's standing in the corner in his Flat. The shot only lasts for a couple of seconds.
64. The Italian Job (UK – 1969), by Peter Collinson. Plenty of vespas in the backgrounds during the race through the streets of Milan.
65. Professor Nachtfalter (West Germany – 1951), by Rolf Meyer. The first movie to feature the Vespa.
66. The Happy Road (France – 1957), by Gene Kelly.
67. II Bidone (The Swindle) (Italy – 1955), by Federico Fellini.
68. Cani e Gatti (Dogs and Cats) (Italy – 1952), by Leonardo De Mitri
69. Europa di Notte (Europe by Night) (Italy – 1959), by Alessandro Blasetti.
70. Rome Adventure (Lovers Must Learn) (USA – 1962), by Delmer Daves.
71. Palombella Rossa (Italy 1989), by Nanni Moretti.
72. Of Love and Shadows (Argentina – 1994), by Betty Kaplan.
73. Encino Man (USA – 1992), by Les Mayfield.
74. Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me (USA – 1999), by Jay Roach.
75. Baseketball (USA – 1998), by David Zucker.
76. Caro Diario (Italy – 1994), by Nanni Moretti.
77. Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement (USA – 2004), by Garry Marshall.
78. God is Great - and I'm Not (France - 2004), by Pascale Baily. With Audrey Tautou (prior to Amelie). A few Vespas in the backgrounds of France.
Questions or problems regarding this web site
should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.